Coffee, without a doubt, has become one of the star drinks, whether at home or in a bar, in the morning or at night, it's always a good time! Its use is so widespread that it has even become a ritual for many, seeking the highest quality to prepare delicious coffees at home. If this is your case and you are looking for the right coffee maker for you, you cannot miss this article, we tell you everything you need to know.
Types of coffee maker, a whole world to discover
- Italian/mocha coffee makers. The most typical, "the one of a lifetime"; It consists of two metallic bodies that are screwed together, it is in this part where a funnel-shaped filter is located. In the lower part is where the water is poured, and when it reaches the boiling point, it rises through the central part while going through the ground coffee, infusing it.
- Plunger / French coffee makers. With more than 150 years of history, it consists of a cylindrical glass container that has a piston covered with a filter as a lid, and when pressed, the liquid passes through it, although the solids do not.
- Drip / American coffee makers. We are facing one of the most popular types of coffee makers in the United States and it works the same as the Italian ones and the piston ones: infusing the coffee. The only difference is that the coffee drips into the cup because it has to go through a thick filter.
- Espresso machines. We come to the queen category of coffee makers, or at least to the most successful in recent times, used in bars and cafeterias. Its operation is based on heating water to the point of reaching a very high pressure. Once the right temperature and pressure are reached, the water will extract all the flavor of the coffee, obtaining creaminess, body and intensity.
- Aeropress coffee makers. This modern coffee maker, invented in 2005, has a fairly simple operation, since it is a combination of espresso coffee and a plunger coffee maker. The interesting thing about this method is that it is purely manual: applying pressure is when the remains will remain in the filter and the liquid will be poured into the container.
- Capsule / single-dose coffee machines. Another of the most modern types of coffee makers that you can have at home are the espresso capsules. The operation is the same as that of espresso coffee machines, only that the necessary pressure is less and thus they make the coffee in the same capsule. hence the reduced size.
What is the best coffee maker for you?
Once we have shown you the most well-known and used types of coffee maker, now it is up to you to decide which coffee maker best suits your tastes and needs; we help you choose
- If you are one of those who wants a tasty and full-bodied coffee, but without neglecting the aromas and nuances, your ideal coffee maker is the plunger.
- In the event that you want to prepare coffee as quickly as possible, the best for you are espresso or capsule coffee machines.
- If you are interested in making them easy to clean and maintain, your ideal option is a plunger coffee maker, although Italian coffee makers are not very complicated either.
- Do you like to prepare a large amount of coffee and have it ready in time? Then get an Italian coffee maker or a large capacity plunger.
- Finally, in the event that you look at the cost in the long term, the most profitable are the drip coffee makers.
- If you are interested in getting the cheapest coffee maker, take an Italian one or a piston one, without hesitating for a second!
- If you are a purist in the matter, you should opt for an Italian or espresso machine, although some capsules can also give you a good result.
- In the event that you are looking for a personalized coffee, get a manual espresso machine or, if you bet on something simpler, there are also automatic ones; Don't rule out piston ones either.
- Passionate about lattes and cappucinos? Look for espresso machines for that type of coffee, a capability unique to capsule and espresso machines.